Tuesday, July 15, 2008

喜怒哀乐

Nowadays, I often find myself wondering about this:

Why is Kai Kai able to cry and laugh at the same time???
(for that matter, babies are the only human beings able to do this strange 'trick')

It seems unthinkable that a person can be both happy and unhappy (or sad, angry, or any other emotions that runs opposite to the feeling of joy). But that's why Kai seems to be doing ever so often these days.

He can be happily playing on my lap in one minute, then in the next, he'd screw up his little face and start wailing.. about... something (?!!??! ya, most of the time, I'd have no idea what it is he's buay song about). Then, miraculously, my wife walks over and makes a funny face/sound at him, and he immediately responses with a bout of laughter (more like giggle). This lasts for about 3 seconds, before his face reverts back to the crying mode.

I find that really amazing.... how his emotions can flip like an on/off switch almost at will. Why cant us adults do that, I wonder?
For instance, when I'm feeling shitty and frustrated about something, it takes a long time for me to calm myself down, and regain my composure. It takes even longer to move myself to becoming "happy" again. I have always thought that is a result of lack (emotional) training - something which is related to a person's EQ.
(hahaha.. for the record, my wife is even worse at this compared to me! )

Maybe babies got very high EQ.

1 Comments:

Blogger Owls said...

Not that their EQ is high la.

But much of their thoughts are expressed through laughing and crying, since that's the 2 most fundamental emotions they have been exposed to since they were born.

If the baby's EQ is high, then he wouldn't be crying, since he learns to control his emotions in difficult times.

Anyway, I believe that babies need to be trained. Don't ever think they don't know anything since they are infants, those little devils, they are smart and they will toy with your emotions to get what they want/need!!!

have fun with the mind games!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home