Saturday, April 07, 2007

My 1st cello lesson

I just had my first cello lesson today!

Although it was only a trial lesson, it was the first time i actually held the instrument properly, and had someone to guide me on how to hold the cello and the bow in the correct fashion, and had a taste of stretching my left-hands fingers beyond what is usually the required spacing in classical guitar.

And by the end of the 30min session, i could feel the muscles below my right thumb aching from the strain of holding up the bow and maintaining the right posture. My upper right shoulder also felt tired, as I wasn't relaxed enough, causing my muscles to tense up during playing.

I've also learned that Cello requires knowledge of 3 clefs - Bass, Tenor and the Treble clefs. I thought to myself, "Bass and treble clefs should be ok, since i've learnt them during my piano lessons, albeit years back. but tenor clef..?"
Fortunately, my teacher told me that beginners only need to know the bass clef as a start. So i'll worry about tenor clef much later, i guess. :P

Can't wait to get hold of my own cello, so i can start practising. Coming Wednesday shall be my first time using my own instrument. Really eagerly anticipating the day! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Wai said...

You are buying a cello! :)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Patel said...

You are buying a cello! :)

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Andreabvsl said...

You are buying a cello! :)

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home