Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Choices

In life, there are many instances where one has to CHOOSE which path to take. Each decision - no matter how seemingly small (or important) that is made may ultiamtely determine the outcome and destiny of one's life, though sometimes in ways which one could never have imagined at that moment of choice.

Sounds cheem... :P Not really.

Choices are made everyday. In fact, looking at it from a "free will" point of view, choices are made every instance of our lives. We can DECIDE what we want to do with out bodies (or minds) from one moment to the next. For instance, I decided to flex my finger muscles and brain tissues at this very precise moment, to type this entry in my blog. That is a CHOICE i've made.

Small and minute, seemingly inconsequential decisions like this one don't seem to have any big impact on my life, you'd think? But wait....

IF, at this VERY moment, this blog site is inflicted by a deadly virus, which attacks my computer and fries my hard-disk, causing me to lose all my work files and emails. This could have serious implications on my job! If I then lose my job and my source of income, things could very quickly deteriorate in my life, ya?

Of course, such occurences are extrememly rare and unlikely, possibly belonging more to the realms of Hollywood movies (like "THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT" - incidentally, i think that is a great show! ).

Still, sometimes I can't help but think that I may be on the verge of a major crossroad in my life now. There are some changes in my life for certain - the impending move for one - and possibly too many issues to tackle causing a certain amount of anxiety and sense of uncertainty.

Only time will tell, I guess.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello it's me!! did u resign or something? been reading your blog for updates on your life, baby and job. hope all's well :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger 北海道的大黑熊 said...

hiya gerry (ah teoh) :P

No lah (not yet anyway.haha), still toiling with Xtra and stuff. But I'm definitely moving house in a couple of months' time. Lots of issues (we're selling our place and buying another) to sort out. Plus, i'm preparing for a couple of concert performances in Sept, so kinda stressed up.

Thanks for keeping up with my blog. hehe :)

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home