Monday, May 21, 2007

一鸣惊人

This is what i call 一言惊醒梦中人:

===============================================
Dear comrades in competition,

I believe many of us weren't 100% sure that we are going when Wai
started asking around 2 months back. Everyone has their reasons for joining
this group.
When i first joined, I was thinking that having a chance to experience
a guitar competition is something new to me. I've never participated in
any competition. And my first one will be in Germany.. hmmm.. quite
exciting.
But then again, I wasn't really sure if we can win. I was thinking it's
just for experience and winning isn't my agenda, just a bonus if we really
do win it. So i've joined Genus Germany.

In a flash, we are only left with 13 days to the trip. I wonder again
if I am mentally ready. I wonder if you guys are mentally ready for a
competition... The trip still has the fun and relax charm, but maybe
it'll be more fulfiilling if I really felt that I am going there to WIN and
not just to "perform".

I asked myself.. why the hell do i want to win this competition... and
I think think think...

I want to win it because it's my first competition, my first
International Guitar Ensemble Competition.
I want to win it because .... it's great reputation boost for GENUS
(and hopefully we can ask CFA for new guitars again.. hahahahha)
I want to win it because ...I can't stand reading websites that
blatantly claim they are leading the guitar ensemble standards in the world.
I want to win it because ..we are probably the first guitar group in
Singapore to join international guitar ensemble competition. We are
indirectly representing our country! Don't want to lose face.
I want to win it because I don't want to become the runner-up and only
to realised we lost by a little bit because I fumble at some part that I
could have practiced a little harder.
I want to win it because it'll be something I will be proud of for
years to come... "Singapore guitar ensemble wins international guitar
competition in Germany !" hahahah ... this is a nice dream.....


... it's past midnight now and I only have 12 days before leaving for
Germany.
I do not know what you guys think and what will be the reasons you want
to join this competition, but whatever it is, I am going to burn my
fingers till 12 days later and then enjoy the trip with no regrets !

Feel free to add to above reasons & See you on Saturday!
Brandenburg at dotted crotchet 66... Pheweet!

=============================================

Cant believe this came from someone who is normally so reserved and quiet (esp. in a large group) and would not even stand up to "oppression" from Suitcase-man. haha..

也许这将是个重要的转捩点...

If everyone in the competition group believes as he does, and work super-hard within these couple days/week, then maybe... just maybe..

在这里先预祝 the GENUS TEAM 马到成功. 凯旋归来!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home