Monday, December 31, 2007

Year end thoughts

Before we know it, 2007 is coming to an end. Today is the last day of the year.

Doing a quick mental summary of what has transpired in this year, I feel I had quick a good year, all things considered.

Family-wise, things are going well. Parents are in relative good health (with the exception of the recent dengue issue, but that's history now). Ping & I expecting boy-boy to join the family very soon.
My brother and yen's daughter Yuan is growing up strong and healthy. My sister-in-law and Daniel had their number 3 this year as well, adding Ruben to their impressive "collection" of kids (2 gals before him). All are well.

Work-wise, my experience in my company has also been pleasant and arguably fulfilling. Perhaps I am most suited to a trainer's role, since I do enjoy sharing of knowledge and teaching others skills that I have acquired and are good at. My colleagues have been a major reason for making my working life enjoyable as well, though that has been tempered by the fact that several of my cool kaki's have tendered their resignation and headed for greener pastures.

Health-wise, I feel I am getting used to a better lifestyle, in terms of having regular exercises. Of late (in the last 3 months), I have managed to work out a routine of going to the gym at least twice a week. Though that has not helped me reduce my waistline (darn!), I guess it has at least managed to prevent it from shooting through the ceiling. One thing I'd certainly do well to work on is that habit of having late night snacks... (that's a tough one!)

Guitar-wise, things are continuing to look good, and I am really, really looking forward to my Robert Ruck guitar either late 2008 or in 2009. Guitaresque has been busy rehearsing on the Bach Harpsichord concerto (to be performed for Genus's annual showcase on 23rd Feb2008), while Expose is putting up our first performance at the Esplanade concert hall on 13th Jan2008.
Separately, 2007 also marks the 3rd year which I have conducted Guitarissimo, and feedback was positive for our concert, which was held on 16th Sept at the NAFA concert hall. I am looking forward to another good year the wonderful folks at SMU next year.

If I were to choose ONE thing that stands out in 2007 as THE event of the year for me, it would undoubtedly be the discovery of boy-boy, growing steadily in his mummy's tummy. Since April, we have been happily (albeit a little anxiously) expecting and preparing for his arrival. Now, I can say that we are 万事具备,只欠东风!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home